27 Feb 2007

[Chapter Two] First figures

I started with the psiloi elements, the skirmishing infantry.
I painted all the skirmishers for one of the armies. They are three elements of balearic slingers and one of caetratti. They are all from the Hannibal´s Spanish Infantry set which has a nice selection on models (including some scutarii that I´ll be using afterwards)






If you have seen my other two DBA 20mm armies you know I base them differently. I use a uniform basing for every army, but like to give different armies different "terrains." It does add variety and character to the armies. This two Carthaginian forces will be similarly based though, for obvious reasons.



Next week, four elements of Numidian cavalry.
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Pete Jones said...

Nice to see the plastics hitting the table. I'm presently doing 20mm Napoleonics but have been tempted by the Ancient Ranges too.

I look forward to see the ongoing project.